These crunchy keto, gluten free cookies are incredibly quick and simple to bake.
I love baking these cookies for friends and family. The sweetness helps to feed the Spleen system, which represents Earth and the Mother of the body. The almonds support the Lung system, while the eggs and butter nourish Yin.
Moderation in all things is the Middle Way, which is the way of the Tao.
4 oz butter, softened (1 stick of butter)
1/3 C erythritol (can substitute monk fruit)
1 egg yolk
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
2 C almond flour
⅓ C slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 300 F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the butter, egg yolk, baking powder, vanilla extract and salt in a bowl. Using an electric mixer is suggested.
- Add the almond flour and mix everything together until a moist dough forms.
- Roll the dough with your hands into 1” diameter balls and spread them on the baking sheet.
- Flatten the dough balls with your fingers and gently press a few sliced almonds into the middle of each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool on the baking sheet for at least 30 minutes before removing them.
YIELDS: 18 cookies
Keep these treats refrigerated and fresh for one week in an airtight container.
KETO LOW CARB:
Net carbs: 3% (1g)
Fat: 89% (13g)