The food industry has been intentional in making you believe that a good tasting banana bread has to be made from refined white flour. They’ve made you think that you will be deprived of nutrients and/or pleasure if grains aren’t included in your diet. The truth is that all of these statements are myths, falling very far from the realm of reality. The real reality is that this Creamy Chocolate Grain-free Banana Bread is a nutritious breakfast or snack option, as it is rich in nutrients and free of gluten, grains and added sugar (except for the dark chocolate chips). Dive into this world of deliciousness and nutrition that is absolutely bursting with moistness and banana-chocolaty goodness.
This grain-free banana bread is an amazing breakfast option or post-workout snack because it is loaded with an awesome balance of proteins, healthy fats, and carbohydrates. Throwing this on your breakfast plate is the key to helping ensure that your blood sugar levels remain stable throughout the whole day, helping to prevent a crash that can lead to fatigue and sugar cravings. And if you can tolerate dairy, this could also be the perfect post-recovery snack – just substitute the plant-based protein powder with the quick-releasing protein from grass-fed whey to help optimize muscle growth/synthesis after a workout.
Serving: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 50min
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 medium avocado mashed
- 1/2 cup Almond butter
- 1/4 cup ghee butter
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 scoop non-dairy protein powder (optional for extra protein)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl combine mashed banana and avocado in addition to almond butter, eggs, ghee butter, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk all wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and whey protein powder.
- Stir all dry ingredients together.
- Slowly pour dry ingredients into large bowl and add chocolate chips.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the bread is cooked in the very middle.
Pre-slice and store in the refrigerator to prevent from eating the entire loaf!
Serving Size: 1/10 of loaf
Calories per serving: 321
Fat per serving: 23g
Saturated fat per serving: 11g
Carbs per serving: 17g
Protein per serving: 10g
Fiber per serving: 5g
Sugar per serving: 8g (2g added sugar)
Sodium per serving: 206mg
Trans fat per serving: 0g